Guidelines on Application for Visa
1. Types of Visas issued by the Embassy are:
A - Diplomatic
B - Official
C - Business
D - Tourist
E - Student
F - Other
2. An applicant shall complete a visa application form in quadruplicate (4 copies) and attach four (4) passport size photographs which were taken not more than three (3) months from the date of submitting the application.
3. An applicant should possess a return air ticket, which should be submitted upon request, especially in the case of an application for tourist visa.
4. An application for an official, business and student visa shall be submitted together with a letter of invitation from the principals in Ghana and or in U.S.A.
5. An application for a visa shall take not less than a day and not more than three (3) business days to process.
6. In the case of journalist and or film crew who are covering an event or shooting a film in Ghana, the application shall take two weeks (14 days) for processing. In addition, such an applicant shall complete another form to indicate the nature of coverage and equipment to be taken to Ghana. Upon arrival in Ghana, such applicant shall call at the Information Services Department for accreditation.
7. When an application for a visa is turned down, the visa-issuing officer is not obliged to offer any explanation. An applicant may however re-apply for a review.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THEIR PASSPORTS AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATIONS, AS ALL VISAS, IF ISSUED, ARE INSERTED INTO THE PASSPORTS.
8. Visa Fees
Money order, Cashier's check or Certified bank check made payable to the Embassy of Ghana.
Note: Personal and company checks are not accepted.
Cash payments: Please do not mail cash.
ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States) Gratis
Single Entry Visa(valid for 3 months from date of issue) $50.00
Multiple Entry Visa $80.00
At the request of an applicant, an additional $30.00 shall be paid for an expedited/emergency service within the same day.
NOTE: If mailed a visa might take longer than twenty-four (24) hours to reach the applicant depending on the mail company used.
9. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
10.ln accordance with INTERNATIONAL SANITARY REGULATIONS all persons entering Ghana are requested to have a valid certificate of immunization against yellow fever.
Do not submit your certificate together with visa application form. Keep it and present it at the port of entry in Ghana.
11. Submit the following documents:
- Completed visa application form - Download Form
- Valid passport for at least six (6) months (Before Expiration)
- Photocopy of applicant's round-trip ticket or itinerary
- Evidence of financial support (recent copy of bank statement or letter from bank/sponsors)
- Visa Fee - Cash, money order, postal order, cashiers check or certified bank check
- Four passport-size photographs of applicant (Very Important)
- Affix each photograph with glue or staple on the top right comer of the application form.
- Applications submitted by mail must be accompanied by prepaid self-addressed UPS, DHL, EMS trackable overnight envelope for return of passport.
- Send the completed application to:
The Consular Section
3512 International Dr. NW
Washington DC, 20008
12. These guidelines are subject to change as may be directed by the competent authorities in Ghana.