Kiribati Visa Information:
By Visa Exemption Order 2005:
1. Nationals and citizens of the following countries are exempted from obtaining a visa before entering Kiribati: (Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Cook Islands, Cyprus, Fiji, Grenada, Hong Kong (only in respect of holders of British Nationals Overseas passports and Hong Kong Special Administrative Region passports), Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Switzerland, The Bahamas, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Overseas Territories of (Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Montserrat and Turks and Caicos Islands), Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
2. Nationals and citizens of the following countries specified are exempted from obtaining a visa before entering Kiribati where the intended duration on their stay is 30 days or less upon arrival:
Belize, Federated States of Micronesia, Macao (only in respect of holders of Macao Special Administrative Region passports), Marshall Islands, Palau and Republic of China (Taiwan), and the Republic of Korea.
3. Holders of laissez-passer issued by the United Nations are exempted from obtaining a visa before entering Kiribati when traveling on business of the United Nations.
Traveling Without Obtaining Visa: is not required!
Merchant Seaman: When traveling on duty you must hold your Seaman Log-Book together with passport and hold letter of Guarantee of shipping company. Visa is not required if nationality of seaman is mentioned “Visa 2”. But if nationality of the passport holder is not mentioned in “Visa” 1, 2; then visa is required.
Issue: Visa application can be made either to the Principal Immigration Officer, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, P O Box 68, Bairiki Tarawa, Kiribati or from the following Kiribati Honorary Consulate office in: Fiji (Suva), Australia (Rose Bay NSW), Germany (Hamburg), Japan (Tokyo), Korea Rep. (Seoul), New Zealand (Auckland), United Kingdom (Westminster), USA (Honolulu, Hawaii).
Additional Information: Visitors may apply for a visitor’s permit upon arrival entitling them to stay in Kiribati provided they hold the following:
1. Visa (if required)
2. Tickets for return or onward travel or sufficient funds to purchase them, and
3. Sufficient funds for maintenance during stay.
A fee of AUD$40 for single visa and AUD$70 for a multiple visa is applicable for the issuing of the visa.
|Share Your Visa Experience|
|Fields marked with a are required|