Eritrea Visa Information:
Eritrea is located on the Horn of Africa, extending over 1,000 kilometers from Ras Kassar in the north to Ras Dumeira in the south in the strait of Bab-el-Mendeb. Ethiopia and Sudan lie to the west of the country, Djibouti to the east, and across the Red Sea are Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
1. One (1) application form should be filled out completely by every person intending to travel, unless one is a dependent and is included in a parent’s travel document.
2. One (1) recent passport-size photograph must be attached.
3. Proof of USA residency permit is required if traveling with non-USA passport.
4. Passport must be valid at least three months beyond the dates of the trip.
5. If you are traveling with Diplomatic or Official travel documents, a diplomatic note or a note verbale is required.
6. For a business visa, a letter from a sponsoring company, stating the purpose of the trip, should be enclosed.
7. Tourists are required to show proof of $40/day to cover expenses while in Eritrea.
8. Fees: $25.00 for single or multiple entry (non-refundable)
9. Cash and Personal checks are not accepted.
10. Visa processing time: 3 working days
11. Mail applications to:
12. Consular Hours:
13. Applicants should pay for Express mail, Fedex,
14. These requirements can change at any time. Please call for an update.
|Share Your Visa Experience|
|Fields marked with a are required|