|Paraguay is a constitutional democracy with a developing economy. Tourist facilities are adequate in the capital city of Asuncion, but they vary greatly in quality and prices. Travelers outside Asuncion should consider seeking travel agency assistance, as satisfactory or adequate tourist facilities are very limited in other major cities and almost nonexistent in remote areas.
|THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED to qualify for a tourist visa in the Republic of Paraguay:
- Two valid official Visa Application forms fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- The original passport valid for at least six months (+2 photocopies from the personal data page)
- Return air ticket or flight itinerary (+ 2 photocopies)
- Proof of economical solvency: bank statement (+ 2 photocopies) or 2 photocopies of applicant's Credit Card.
- For those participating in conferences, seminars, artistic or sports events, and to study in Paraguay, an invitation letter is required (+ 2 photocopies)
- For those travelling for business, a company letter is required, indicating purpose, length of stay, contact name, telephone and address in Paraguay. If the company is granting econmic support, then no proof of economic solvency of the applicant is required.
- Journalist (non correspondents), TV and filming crews & professional photo shots: a letter from the company or institution to which the applicant is linked. When carrying professional equipment, a detail list is required to facilitate procedures with Paraguayan Customs for the temporary importation of the equipment to Paraguay.
|IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- Tourist visa is the only type of visa issued by the Embassy.
- Working and Resident visa, visit the section Immigration Legal Regime
- Residents in the UK: make an appointment for interview (by e-mail only).
- All the required documentation must be delivered to:
Embassy of Paraguay
3rd Floor, 344 Kensington High Street
London W14 8NS
- Postal applications are accepted only from Australia, Iceland and New Zealand: The use of a courier service is recommended to return the passport, otherwise an additional £8.00 will be charged to cover posting service. Make sure a self addressed envelope is enclosed in all cases.
- Consular Working hours: 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM Monday to Friday
- Visa fees: Single (valid for one entry only) £36.00 – Multiple (valid for multiple entries) £52.00. Cheque in Sterling Pounds and payable to the Consulate of Paraguay. Payments can be also made by bank transfer (see bank details on http://www.paraguayembassy.co.uk/legalisations.htm). Proof of deposit is required.
- IN SOME CASES ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS MAY BE REQUIRED.
- APPLICATIONS FROM COUNTRIES WITH NO DIPLOMATIC RELATION WITH PARAGUAY*, PROCESSING MAY TAKE 20-30 DAYS.
- FIRST ENTRY INTO PARAGUAY MUST BE MADE WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE THE VISA IS ISSUED.
- ALLOW 2 TO 3 DAYS FOR VISA PROCESSING. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTH ADVISE FOR TRAVELLERS, VISIT THE WEBSITE OF THE UK DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AT http://www.dh.gov.uk
- VISA REQUIRMENTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO BE MODIFIED WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
- NO LIABILITY WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE EMBASSY FOR THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY CHANGE IN REQUIRMENTS.
|*COUNTRIES WITH DIPLOMATIC RELATION WITH PARAGUAY: Albania, Andorra, Argelia, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, Chipre, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Germany, Ireland, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Korea (South), Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, New Zealand, Nigeria, Netherlands, Norway, Nicaragua, Panama, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Rumania, Russia, St. V. Grenadines, Santa Lucia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Vietnam.